top of page
Who can enter? - Individuals / Student / Team or Company*
What We Need From You
Scaled 2d plan, rendered with media of choice.
There will be a major emphasis plased on the presentation & detail of the 2d plan.
At maximum, 8 supporting graphics rendered with media of choice. ***
A paragraph detailing your design process and/or explanations of solution details.
Optional Items for Consideration:
A two minute maximum video (.mp4 or .mov format) flythrough.
3d physical model or other unique presentation support.
* Limited to 4 Individuals or Teammates. Only 1 representative will be supplied with the air fair, hotel room, & per diem.
** Entries will not be judged on amount of renderings, but quality of workmanship and effective/unique design usage for the clients wishes.
*** The Designer & Company will remain anonymous to the judges until the initial judging process is completed. Please do not have names your plans or perspective renderings. Design & videos will be co-property of “The Million Dollar Pool Challenge” once submitted and can be distributed to electronic and print outlets. Owner of design can also distribute design materials.
The judges panel will consist of 6-8 "industry experts" using a point based system using the following criteria:
1. Aesthetic Quality
- Rate the overall look & technique executed on the 2d plan. Does it display everything in a clear & effective way while presenting as something a high end client would expect?
- Rate the 8 supporting graphics / Video/ Presentation Material. Does it present as something a high end client would expect? Do the graphics effectively communicate detail that the 2d drawing does not have the ability to?
- Do you Like The Designers Use Of Materials? Does is compliment the home & owners wants/needs?
- Did the designer use modern design elements with Latin flair? Do these concepts seem new and fresh?
- Are Project Areas Unique? Front Entry? Back Yard? Side Yard? Transition to Boat Dock?
- Rate the Designers Usage & Vision with the Riverflow Current System and Lazy River.
- Rate the Designers Usage of the following:
- Art Displays
- Sunken Firepit
- Acrylic Glass
- Splash Pad
- Fire & Water
- Outdoor Kitchen
- Putting Green
- Glass Tile Mural
- Front Drive w/ Fountain
- Does the Pool & Home Architecture Flow Seamlessly?
- Do the outdoor spaces flow well together & are they to scale?
- Does this project keep in mind that the client is looking to host 25-30 guests at a time?
- Does the project incorporate the customers main wants & needs in an effective manner?
- Does the project do a good job of maintaining great views from the home?
4. Realization Possibility
- To the best of your knowledge, would this design meet national and local safety & construction codes?
- Would an engineer stamp off on the design & execution?
- Overall, would this presentation be able to sell a client that is spending north of $1 million on a backyard?
bottom of page